Graduating, soon, I have been thinking a lot about my time at Penn, specifically acting as an arranger, conductor, music director, soprano/mezzo, studio producer, and board member of Dischord A Cappella. Dischord is a co-ed group that was founded at the University of Pennsylvania back in 1998. The group performs a cappella covers spanning all genres – pop, indie, rock, country, jazz, folk, world, and fusion. Under my direction, the group has featured many mash-ups and medleys in its covers.
You can read a full account of my arranging credits for the group, here: Sarah Van Sciver, ’13, Soprano
Solo performances at our semesterly concerts:
- Alone by Heart (Fall 2009)
- Halo by Beyoncé (Spring 2010)
- Foolish Games by Jewel (Fall 2010)
- Hold My Heart by Sara Bareilles (Spring 2011)
- Someone Like You by Adele (Fall 2011), with Richard Thomson
- Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall (Spring 2012)
- What Goes Around Comes Around by Justin Timberlake (Fall 2012)
- Morning Song by Jewel (Spring 2013)
I am an arranger for hire! Professional or non-professional vocal groups of all experience levels — all-male, all-female, or co-ed — contact me if you are interested in having something arranged.